Halloween was a blast! Our church had a "Trunk or Treat". This is where families decorate the trunk of their cars and pass out candy to the kids as they go car to car. They also provided free dinner and games for the kids. It was a HUGE success. Emma had so much fun up there with all of her church friends. After we left church she had 2 requests, Trick or Treat at GaGa and KK's house and Mr. Earl's house. (Mr. Earl is my parents neighbor. She just LOVES going to his house and see him. He always pays special attention to her and they have the best parties at their house (all the block parties etc). So we headed over there and GaGa and KK got to see the girls all dressed up!
After Halloween brought the week of James going back to work. So I was then on my own in the mornings with the 2 girls!! It took a few days to get used to it, but we now have the routine down!
Emma got a cold so I rushed her to the doctor for medicine so she would not get Lillie sick. Talk about interesting, taking a sick child to the doctor with a newborn that you are protecting from germs. We sat in the sick kids waiting room but had Lillie all covered up.
This past weekend my grandmother (Mumby) and Aunt Lari came into town for the Nutcracker Market and to spend time with all the kids. Lillie got to go to her first Nutcracker Market! She was a trooper! She slept in her baby sling that I wore around me the WHOLE time! She was so good!!! It was so nice to have them here! Mumby stayed with us and Emma was in HEAVEN! She loved having her Mumby here! She played with her so much! On Saturday we took a photo at the Picture People of the 4 generations. It was so neat to have all of us together for the photo!! (I will get it scanned and posted soon). While we were at the mall, Aunt Lari treated Emma (and Tyler and Ashy) to a build a Bear. Emma had so much fun naming all of the animals for her cousins and for her! In one of the photos you will see her Monkey- Sallie. I asked her if she wanted to spell it with a Y or an IE. She IMMEDIATELY said IE like Lillie!!! She is so smart!!!!
This Monday at church we had our annual Ladies Banquet and I was a table hostess. This means that you decorate a table all they way to the dishes and have 8 women sit with you for dinner and entertainment. Luckily Lillie slept through the decoration part and let me get all that done. (here is a pic of my table from last night)
Then this week is Emma's 3rd birthday. Can you believe our (not so little) Emma is already 3??? We are having her party at her gymnastics gym with about 12 kids. It should be fun! (so in the middle of all of this I have been making invitations, birth announcements, and goodie bags for the party too) Here is a picture we used of her for the invitation. She LOVES gymnastics!!!
Lillie is so sweet. She LOVES her mommy and wants me all the time. She is a great eater and also wants to eat all the time! She is sleeping about 4-5 hours at night! I can't complain! She only wakes up once then we get up around 6:00 and start getting ready for the day.
She is about 6 1/2 pounds now and growing slow and steady. We are getting LOTS of wear out of her newborn clothes. I think she will be in them for about another month. We do have some preemie clothes that she wears and they fit perfectly! She is a tiny baby! I am attaching some photos of her doing what she does best, SLEEP!!!
We are so blessed to have these 2 precious girls who keep us busy but also give us so much happiness.


1 comment:
I can't believe Emma is 3! We can't wait to give her a Birthday hug.
Love,
A. Aimee. U. Robert, and the boys
Post a Comment