Tuesday, July 31, 2007

My Little Girl... the Ballerina

Everyone says your kids grow up right before your eyes. Emma has been growing up so fast that sometimes I don't stop to really think about how fast she is growing up... Yesterday we went and registered her for Ballet/Tap lessons. They usually have to be 3 but the lady was pretty certain with her gymnastics background for the past year she would do fine.
So then we went to shop for Ballet and Tap shoes, tights and leotard. As she sat so still to let the lady at the store measure her foot to get her size (a size 10 to be exact- BIG FOOT!!!), I just stood back to see how grown up she really is. She then helped me find the 1 and 0 on the shoe boxes to get JUST the right shoes.

At Target we shopped for the leotard and she chose the one with rhinestones on it! (of course... BLING BLING)

Once we got home, she had to try on the leotard, tights and both pairs of shoes and DANCE around the house. (NOTE- I bought 3 pair of tights and she had to change into EACH pair of tights and then put each pair of shoes back on with the leotard. This took about 30 mins of playtime!!!)

Here are a few photos I could catch of her (while chasing her around as she "danced" in our bathroom.



Now, can you guess which shoes my daughter liked the best:
Choice 1- Sweet ballerina shoes for graceful movements

Choice 2- LOUD tap shoes for attention and chaos..


Hmmm. YEP- the tap shoes win. Let's hope her dance teacher can convince her to wear the ballet shoes in class!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness - she is getting to be such a big girl! She looks so cute all dressed up - I can't wait to see Karsyn when she gets that big!