Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Reading and dishwashers

Interesting title. Now you know the 2 things that are new at our house this week.. Well not new items, but new found fun things...

Let's start with Reading...
Emma has a new found love... Reading. To a teacher mother, I could not be more excited! My boss gave me these books for Emma to read and practice. Tonight before bed, she read 3 of them. We would review the words on the cover, then I would have her look for the words in the story, and then turn back to the beginning and off she went. I had her take this one down stairs to show James (and of course to get the camera to video it!)




Also, notice the amount of animals she has in bed with her. This just started this week. (oh and notice how they are all laying to sleep. Everyone has to be on their tummy to sleep. Silly girl)




So Last night I was getting the dishes unloaded while Lillie played in the kitchen. I turned around to do something, turned back and this is what I found. It was so funny. (and yes I left her there while I took photos and video)






Yes, we have had Lillie's birthday party and about to have Emma's party. I will try to post the photos in a snapfish link soon which would be easier to view for everyone. I will do both birthday parties at the same time.

Lillie is still trying to figure out the walking thing. She can do about 10 steps at a time, but would rather crawl. I am not pushing it. She will do it when she wants to.
We are officially OFF the bottle! It took about 2 days, but she did great! She is on SOY milk due to the uncertainty of her true milk allergy. They are calling it a sensitivity to milk products. Eggs do not seem to bother her, its just the cows milk. But she likes the soy just fine and we cook with soy if she is going to be eating it, and we can't tell the difference!

More to update later. Just wanted to share these precious videos.

No comments: