On Saturday we all headed towards the mall to begin shopping for an outdoor playground for the girls. We hit Costco first only to be disappointed that they close at 6:00 on Saturday evenings. (yes we were shocked by how early they close on Saturday). So then Emma said, “Hey I think Macy’s is open.” (for those of you wondering, yes she really says these things as I quote them. Not sure where the sassy tone comes in but she really says them as I write.) So we went ahead and went to Macy’s since that is my and Emma’s FAVORITE store! The rules at Macy’s are if she is good, stays in the stroller for the mommy section, I will take her upstairs to the Emma section and let her out to shop. Each time I let her do this she wants to walk around the “Emma section” to pick out clothes for herself. She knows she is a size 5 and looks at the tags for her size. It is the cutest thing. As I sit back and let her do this, I just get sad that she is not a little one anymore. She is truly growing up in front of my eyes. It is totally amazing.
Ok back to the funny parts… So then once she picks out her outfit, she finds a check out desk and tells the sales person, “I am ready to pay for this. I picked it out by myself.” The sales lady looks at James and I like, really, she is doing this by herself. So they start to check her out then James gives the credit card. She automatically picks up the pen to sign her name. It is truly something funny to watch. (the words just do not do the story justice!) So here is the outfit she picked out last night. I looked at her this morning and thought, wow, she is not a little girl anymore. She is now a kid.
Lillie is also becoming such a big girl. She is sitting up SO well now. She will just sit there, holding onto her toy and play, play, play. This evening she starting ROLLING all over the room. We put her down on her blanket in the living room, I walked into the kitchen, turned back around and could not find her. She had rolled like 5 times off the blanket to the coffee table and was heading to the other side of the table. She is just so happy being alone and playing. Right now her favorite toy is 3 little linking rings. I give her rattles, taggie blanket, and she really only likes the links on the toys.
This sweet outfit was a gift from my friend Wendy. She (and I) are obsessed with kids clothes and she is in the middle of a store, calls me to check on Lillie’s size. I was like, Why? She said, I found an outfit I HAVE TO BUY and Karsyn (her daughter) is too big for it, so I think Lillie needs it! I was like, sure!
Lillie is truly remaining tiny. She is 6 months and weighs only 14 pounds 10 oz. She is still wearing 3-6 months clothes (and they are BIG still) It looks like we will get good wear out of her clothes! ;)
This was taken tonight. The girls were being so sweet hanging out in the chair. Lillie will let Emma hold her and just smiles and smiles at her. Lillie loves to pull Emma’s hair, and luckily Emma thinks it is funny and lets her do it.
We are all doing well and looking forward to the summer break when I can spend more time with my sweet girls!!


1 comment:
Wow - Emma did a great job at picking out an outfit! She is growing up too fast!
And Lillie looks so cute in her outfit!! :-) And the bow goes perfectly with it!
They are both such pretty little girls!!
Post a Comment