Saturday, June 21, 2008

It's Summer!!!

Its Finally SUMMER!

I have sat down to post this like 4 times and things have changed since I first wrote it. So if it seems pieced together, that is why!

The girls are going to be home most of the summer with me. We are looking forward to being together and learning new things. Here is a list of things we will be doing:

1. Gymnastics each Wednesday with Ashlyn and Tyler. They are all in separate classes but so happy to be there together and see each other in their classes!

2. Emma is taking swim lessons the next 2 weeks. They are every day for 8 days. It is a private lesson so we are very excited for Emma to learn how to swim or at least be more comfortable in the water.

3. I am teaching Vacation Bible School with Karen at our church. The girls are so excited to go to church school for a week. They have been helping us look at the lessons and plan. (Can you imagine what the help looks like, WHAT IS THIS? I want to hold it. Can I see it?) VBS is now over and it was a BLAST! Karen and I had so much fun spending the time together all week. Emma and Ashlyn had so much fun being together. Their teachers were so sweet and they came home each day so excited and could not wait to go back the next day!

4. We are taking a little family vacation to Galveston again this summer to Moody Gardens. We are going with Chris, Karen, Ashlyn and Tyler. We will be going the weekend of my birthday. It will be nice to all be together for this little vacation. (hey, the drive sure beats airline prices!) We will plan on spending time at the beach, visiting the aquarium and going to Rainforest Café for dinner!!! The hotel lobby is so neat too. They have a pond with big fish in it and last year Emma just loved walking around the lobby looking at the fish. This hotel has lots of planned activities for kids throughout the day and night. It is truly a kid friendly hotel!

5. POOL, POOL, POOL. We have already enjoyed many hours at our neighborhood pool. Emma loves to jump in the pool (with her floaties on of course). I can tell once she can get more brave with the swimming she will be a little fish in the water. We just completed swim lessons for Emma. She loved it. It was 8 days in a row with a private teacher. She truly learned so much and is now confident in the water. She can swim about ¼ of the way across the pool under water. We continuing to work with her and hope by the end of the summer she will be swimming all over! The teacher told us to keep the floaties OFF of her! She feels that she is well on her way to being a little fish!

6. NAPS, NAPS, NAPS. I can’t wait to get some naps in this summer. We have been able to work Lillie’s and Emma’s nap time to be the SAME time! (2-3 hours each) So this way, I will put them down then hit the bed too! It has been a crazy end of the year so I am looking forward to relaxing some! (So here I am just finished the 3rd week of the summer and have only had 1 nap. Guess this one will have to wait!)

Well, I think that will keep us busy for most of the summer. I am also working a little bit teaching classes here and there.

Now for a few updates on what is going on with us now.
Lillie is 8 months old. Can you believe it has been that long already? She is just a joy to have around. She is always happy and usually only cries when she is tired or hungry. She LOVES her big sister so much. If she is playing on the floor or in her exersaucer, she turns around to make sure she can watch Emma. It is the sweetest thing!!! She has enjoyed the evening trips to the pool. This picture was taken at her FIRST ever trip to the pool. The girls have matching swimsuits. (I know most of you are not surprised I actually found matching suits! I love when they match!)




She is about to take off and crawl. She is getting up on hands and knees and rocking like crazy. It won’t be long. I can’t believe how much she is progressing in her milestones and meeting most of them early! Her favorite sounds are BABA. We say it when we show her the bottle in hopes one day she will connect the 2, but for now, she just says it when she is just talking to herself!


Lillie loves toys. If she has a toy in her hand and sitting on the floor, she is the happiest baby! Her favorite right now are toys that rattle. She loves to shake them, listen for it to stop, then shake again. She also loves to play in her exersaucer and make the toys rattle. Here is a short video of her playing. She is so intense watching her toys. Emma was never like this with toys. She wanted UNDIVIDED personal attention from us instead of toys.


Emma is doing perfect. Her little personality is changing each day. She is quite the sassy thing. She has now captured the phrase, “DUH” said like a little valley girl. It usually gets put on the end of a sentence like this: “I can get my own snack cause I am a big girl, DUH.” I am in for it when she gets older. She also has the hip and head action that goes along with the sass… Whew, but she keeps us laughing. She does mind very well and still remains the sweet Emma we all know, but that sass factor is quite interesting.
We went to a birthday party a couple weekends ago for a little girl in her gymnastics class that we have talked with over the year. Her name is Megan. The party was at a new party place called Oogles and Googles. It is a great place! They do the WHOLE party for you including the cake. Basically you show up, party then go home. The theme of this party was princess and knights. Here are a few photos from the party.







Well, James is sad he is working all summer while we are home, but we will be sure to meet him for lunch and still get pool time in when he gets home!!!

Hope all is well. More updates as the summer happens!

No comments: