Monday, June 30, 2008

Things stay at home moms do

Since this summer I get to feel what it is like to stay home, I thought I would share some of the things we have been doing. We went to the public library story hour. It is every week for 1 hour. The librarian reads a few books on the same topic (this week it was fish) then they have a craft to go along with the book. Emma really enjoyed the books and did a great job sitting to listen. I was so proud of her!
If you notice her hair is wet. Before we went to the library we went to the public park that is in the same parking lot. It has a new water part where there are little sprinklers that spray water across a concrete slab. It is pretty funny to watch because the kids are trying to figure out where the water went and where it will come out from next. I will get pictures next time I take her there.




This is what Lillie thought of story hour. It was right in the middle of her morning nap time.


Our neighborhood had our 4th of July parade a couple of days early. they voted to have it the weekend before. Emma was so excited. (one small problem... she said, there was no marching band. Sorry to disappoint her, I guess she will now have to go to the Homecoming parade for JVHS this year)
This picture is so sweet. My sweetie and his 2 sweeties!


After the parade they gave out tons of free things! One of Emma's favorites were the popsicles! They also served lunch! What a deal! Free entertainment!


The firetrucks also supplied free entertainment! They raised the ladder on the trucks and pumped water from the hydrants to shower off the kids! Emma thought this was the funniest thing!






After the firetruck play, we headed to the pool. After we swam in the pool, Lillie cooled off with a refreshing watermelon! We stripped her down to just her swim diaper and let her enjoy it! (look at those baby blues!!!)

2 comments:

Tara Powell said...

we go to storytime, too at the Cy-Fair College library. Cade loves it and this week Reid laughed during one of the songs...it was too cute! Glad you guys are having a fun summer!

Anonymous said...

Isn't being a stay and home mom so great?! I am totally enjoying my summer with the kids too. I'm not sure I'll be ready to go back to work in August!! Let's plan a play date this month, I'd love to see you. We are totally free the week of the 21st, let me know if you want to get together.