So Emma has been out of her 'regular' daycare this summer. She has been home with me and occasionally been going to Lillie's school for 1 day per week. So she woke up on Monday ready to go back to her school and I will chart out how the conversation went.
Emma will be purple, I will be black font colors.
"Today I get to go back to my old school. My friends are going to be so happy to see me. They are going to run up to me and give me a hug saying, 'Emma, I missed you, I am so happy you are back."
"Oh is that right Emma. Do you think your friends missed you?"
"Yes they did, I just know it. They are all going to be so happy I am back."
Now we are driving to school. She is playing out this reunion in her mind and outloud the whole drive there.
Now we are at school, she is carrying her nap mat and blanket down the hall. She pops her head into the kitchen where they eat breakfast and sees her friend Noah.
Noah says- "Look everyone, Emma is back!!"
"Hey Noah. Hold on I gotta put up my nap mat.... (she walks out of the kitchen and begins walking so fast down the hall to her room.) See mom, told you they missed me. (drops off mat and begins walking faster back to the kitchen for her LONG awaited reuinon)
"Emma, do I get a hug bye."
"Mom, I gotta go see my friends, they missed me so much. See you later."
That was it.. She was gone in a flash.
I stood there, holding Lillie in disbelief of what just happened. She was so excited to be back at school and has already rejected my hug goodbye. Then I got in the car and LAUGHED about the whole story all the way to Lillie's school.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment